Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dear friend

Hey mate,
its been long since I wrote to u. how are u. I am doing good. My work is challenging. I hope u are also doing good. And ya money has brought in a few things (bledy materialistic world) closer, everything from an evening snack to the vehicle I drive has got costlier, my weekends are celebrated like festivals.

But with the best things around I don’t feel complete. Ya ya, money can bring some happiness and crying in a BMW is better than on a cycle, but those moments don’t become “I wanna RELIVE them”. I have a lot of money to spend, but my question is whom do I share it with, when u are not around. Riding on a bike at 12 midnight is fun, but do u remember those days when we used to cycle down home at 1 in the noon after a day full of chemistry, do u have an adjective to express that. It was simple and beautiful when the life biggest question was “whats the most important question for tomoro’s test??”. And the best lunch was my ‘thayir sadham’ with your ‘vendakai’.

The people I meet today are fun, I can hang out with them, but I don’t feel all the same. People don’t come along without an ‘I expect this from U’ and I go don’t without a ‘ya, but only if do this for me’ tag.

I still remember celebrating your birthday in your house, with a 1Kg cake for 20 people and after cutting the cake playing basket ball with a foot ball. And now I don’t even get to call u at 00:00 accurately cos u live in a different time zone. Your birthday ll be the most expected day of the year and if your birthdays falls on a free period day, that calls for more excitement.

The days which knew no EGO, the fights which were mostly for, who is taking that extra chocolate, the timings which was 9 to 3:45, when weekends were for not to spend the complete day with u, when the chairs which were wooden with u me and our close buddies, when the evening snacks was 2 samosas divided by 5, when the vehicles were non-polluting. And the time when I got to be me always.


I MISS U MATE.

Loving (past continuous, 5TH standard English) friend,

PS: Crying in a BWM is better than a cycle, but nothing can even come close to your shoulders. I promise to spend time with u on your next birthday (buying a gift for Rs50 was easier than finding time in this bledy busy world).


I HOPE I NEVER GET TO WRITE THIS LETTER.

21 comments:

  1. i ll make sure you never get to write this letter! stuck wid me for eternity :) miss u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post from a nice friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sg: i know u ll...

    @radhe: thanks mate... i promise to be one always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gr8 post... Coming at the best time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its never gonna happen.. whether u like it or not... miss u a lot :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. super da Vinod. Very simple and neat. It's flowing smoothly. Keep writing..!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thayir saadam with my mango pickle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its inevitable, beautifully written!! (and reading this from here, doesn't feel good)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one!!! Reading this, I remember a forward I got (most likely, u might have received it too...)which shares a similar thought...

    HERE I AM SITTING IN MY OFFICE @ NIGHT


    Here i am sitting in my office @ night…
    Thinking hard about life
    How it changed from a maverick collage life to strict professional life…...

    How tiny pocket money changed to huge monthly paychecks
    but then why it gives less happiness….

    How a few local denim jeans changed to new branded wardrobe
    but then why there are less people to use them

    How a single plate of samosa changed to a full Pizza or burger
    But then why there is less hunger…..

    Here i am sitting in my office @ night…
    Thinking hard about life
    How it changed…..

    How a bike always in reserve changed to bike always on
    but then why there are less places to go on……

    How a small coffee shop changed to cafe coffee day
    but then why its feels like shop is far away…..

    How a limited prepaid card changed to postpaid package
    but then why there are less calls & more messages……

    Here i am sitting in my office @ night…
    Thinking hard about life
    How it changed…...

    How a general class journey changed to Flight journey
    But then why there are less vacations for enjoyment….

    How a old assembled desktop changed to new branded laptop
    but then why there is less time to put it on……….

    How a small bunch of friends changed to office mate
    But then why we always feel lonely n miss those college frnz.….

    Here i am sitting in my office @ night…
    Thinking hard about life
    How it changed….. How it changed……..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ram: thats was good one.. reading it for the first time

    @swetha: :-)
    @gautham: haha and the gongra u used to bring... wow
    @barani and sujay: timing and flow, thanks
    @smruti: i dont like it... NEVER

    ReplyDelete
  11. i cried.. well .. tears of joy.. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very true...same lines of thinking..miss those days awefully..but don worry...i am always a text away from thayir sadhams or samosas or vendakas or a drive at 00.00 or a cycle ride..:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @deepaQ: thanks to u too... for everything

    ReplyDelete
  14. nostalgia is a very powerful feeling . It is something which clearly exposes the empty spaces left by past emotions irrespective of how hard we try to seal them.

    the only way to fill that emptiness , is to satiate your nostalgic feeling , try converting most of the " what if i can .... " thoughts to " alright let me do... " actions

    neat post ( loved the curd rice part :) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) School was just unbeatable, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. naveen: happens
    Pirate: nostalgia... let me do

    @rahul: if the whole blog has to be summarized to one line... thats the answer

    ReplyDelete
  17. So true, So so true...School and college life... When you think, you have Wonderful memories,and also a lot of frustration knowing that things aren't the same anymore and the realisation that you cant go back to when things were just perfect...

    ReplyDelete